Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Huzzah!

So, update:

I took a hiatus from writing Plan C in the month of February. I know, boo. This was mainly because I was still undiagnosed with stress migraines as well as bombarded with the most insane midterms week thus far in my college career. But now, thankfully, the craziness has ended, and I can now get back to work over spring break next week.

Coincidently, I ended up being unable to attend last months critique group due to inclement weather and my poor sense of direction. (re: I got lost.) On the positive side of all of this, I still have five printed copies of my first chapter to submit on Thursday, and I didn't feel compelled to commit academic suicide to finish chapter two before now. Chapter two, however, is forthcoming and should be completed by the start of April!

And, finally - in other, more exciting news - I have learned about JulNoWriMo! (www.julnowrimo.com) Similiar to NaNoWriMo, this competition takes place in July! This is PERFECT because it will be smack dab in the middle of summer break, and I shouldn't have too much other than work to consume my time. Mark my words, I'm going to do this! Also, appropriately enough, this July will be exactly a year since I first began planning the novel. It's like KISMET!

Anyway, more intensive spurts of novel writing should take place within the next week. I've definitely missed working on it and can't wait to work with my characters again!

Till next time,
-R

No comments: